Social media for business cannot be ignored.
Social media can be extremely successful at promotion, customer retention, customer feedback and market surveillance without being a complete burden. Social media is growing in popularity. According to a recent article on Investopedia:
- One billion people actively use Facebook every month
- 500,000 people use Twitter every month
- Google’s +1 button is used 2+ billion times each day
- 5 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every hour
- 3,600 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every hour
Social media is no longer just for updates on family. Consumers are using social media to make purchases and conduct research and savvy businesses are taking advantage of the opportunity. Here are some compelling facts about social media and how it affects purchasing decisions:
– 97% of all consumers search for local businesses online. (Relevanza)
– 72% of adult internet users in the U.S. are now active on at least one social network, up from 67% in 2012 and just 8% in 2005. (MediaPost)
– 71% of consumers receiving a quick brand response on social media say they would likely recommend that brand to others. (Forbes)
– 93% of online research starts with a search engine, and 68% of consumers check out companies on social networking sites before buying. (BrandPoint)
– Social media generates almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, daily mail or PPC. (Digital Insights)
MIBS develops social media strategies that increase awareness, build brand loyalty and provide direct access to customers. An important function of the strategy is determining bandwidth of the staff to manage. The key to social media success is consistency. Having periods of excessive social media posting followed by periods of no social media posting can be detrimental to a company. MIBS works with companies to find the right mix of content and the right schedule to release that content.
Just as scheduling what to post is important, so is determining where to post. Deciding between Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest and a whole host of other social media platforms can be daunting. We work with companies to determine which platform or platforms work best for their business. MIBS analyzes a company’s products and customer base and uses industry statistics such as 68% of Google+ users are male, while 80% of Pinterest users are women (leaderswest Digital Marketing Journal), to determine the most effective use of resources.
Contact Us to Leverage Social Media to Generate Revenue and Build Customer Loyalty