Optimizing Your Digital Presence in 2021
If 2020 taught us anything it’s the importance of a strong online presence for businesses. Not only are consumers shopping online more than ever, but they’re also searching for information. Before buying anything, most people will do a quick Google search to find out if businesses are open, what their hours are, what their COVID policies are, and so on. As a result, it has become increasingly more important for businesses to have an easily accessible digital presence.
But what does it mean to have a “digital presence?” A digital presence can involve any number of things including: a website, a social media presence, business directory listings, digital advertising, and more. It is also important to understand that certain aspects of digital marketing will be more relevant to certain types of businesses. The best place to start when working to grow your online presence is to identify what areas of digital marketing provide the best opportunity for growth for your business or brand.
Generally, there are four key areas to focus on when it comes to improving your online presence:
1. Updating Your Website
When it comes to digital marketing a good website for your business or brand is arguably your most important tool. This is the best resource consumers have for learning more about you, so make sure you keep your website’s information up-to-date. It’s also important to keep your website’s design up-to-date. Make sure that you have user-friendly navigation and a responsive design for use on desktop and mobile devices. For more tips, check out our blog post on what customers expect from your website.
2. Increasing Your Social Media Presence
Social media can be a powerful tool in today’s market place. From the ability to create online stores, to paid ads, to influencer advertising, an active social media strategy is a great way to reach consumers, engage your audience, and drive traffic to your website.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO has to do with understanding what users are searching for in search engines like Google, and what terms they are using. Then, you use that information to help your website rank better. There are a few steps you can take to help improve your rankings; these include:
- Creating optimized content for your website and social media pages
- Add and update your information on business listings, including your Google My Business page.
- Ask customers to review you on Google, Facebook, etcetera.
4. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing
PPC advertising can help drive traffic to your website by running ads on Google, etc. PPC is useful because it allows you to target your audience by choosing your demographic based on interest, location, age, gender, and more. Some of the most popular platforms for PPC marketing include Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram Ads.
These are just 4 basic areas to start with when looking to grow your digital footprint. Other areas of digital marketing to consider are: email marketing, video marketing, and influencer collaborations. However, when considering these options, it is important to first understand your audience and the tools that will be effective in reaching them.
As you work to improve your digital presence keep in mind the five W’s: who, what, where, when, and why. Consumers want to know:
- Who you are: display your name clearly and incorporate branding into your website/social media.
- What you offer: provide details about your service/products. Be sure to include information about if these are available online, in a physical store, or both.
- Where you’re located: Let your audience know where you are located and what areas you service.
- When you’re open: clearly list your hours and keep them current with Holidays or other closures.
- Why you do what you do: connect with your customers by helping them understand why you do what you do. Provide information about who you are and why your company/brand matters to you.
For help optimizing your online presence contact the team at MIBS, Inc. today. We will work with you to design a responsive, SEO-friendly, user-friendly website for your company or brand.